.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Another Look at Jason Haap's Qualifications

I am finishing my ninth year at Purcell Marian High School, but continued employment with Purcell Marian no longer matches my personal and professional goals. So I have already informed them of my intent not to return. I mention this because I have no contractual obligations at this time.

I have a wide-ranging set of experiences that make me a versatile asset. I have taught ninth, tenth, and twelfth grades -- general tracking, college prep, and advanced. Our students are diverse in terms of religion, race, and socioeconomics. I have taught under a block schedule and a rotating schedule. Additionally, I have experience with creative curricular projects (some interdisciplinary courses as well as projects called "Exhibitions" -- multi-intelligenced performances of knowledge).

Also, as outlined on my resume, I have experience as a writer, and I studied my final semester for graduate studies at Oxford University, England -- where I took a double course load and graduated with a 3.97 GPA.